Thousands of moments happen to us in our lifetime. If you suffer from headaches, you reduce that number. Sometimes it is significant. Just think of all the times you told someone that you couldn’t do things with them because you felt horrible. That doesn’t have to happen.
You have a choice, keep doing what isn’t working or make some changes.
Apply some simple logic to your headache care.
· If you are taking more and more pills – you need to change your approach.
· If you are spending more time with the headache (you have to count time while medicated) – you need to change your approach.
· If you are noticing your mood changing for the worse – you need to change your approach.
· If you start experiencing other health problems – you need to change your approach.
· If you are taking more and more tests and getting no answers - you need to change your approach.
· If you are missing out on life - you need to change your approach.
· If your loved ones aren’t coming around as often - you need to change your approach.
· If you can’t do what you want to do - you need to change your approach.
Listen to what your body tells you about your headache.
Headaches are your body’s way of telling you that it doesn’t appreciate how you have been treating it. If you didn’t change the oil in your car, it would trigger the “engine oil low” light. How you handle it is up to you. You could take some tape and cover up the light, or find someone who could help you correct the problem.
There are five reasons people get headaches. Every one of them involves the bones of the upper neck. If you were ever in a car accident over 8.2 miles an hour, there was enough forces to potentially shift something out of alignment in your spine. By the way, you are traveling up to 21 m.p.h. when you fall down on the ice.
Take a different approach towards your headache.
Atlantic Spine and Health Clinic has helped numerous people get relief from their headaches, without the use of drugs or surgery. We use very specific adjusting techniques to re-align the bones of the neck and restore proper bio-mechanics that may be causing your pain. People with severe head traumas and neck surgery have found relief in our office.