Top 10 Reasons NOT to Eat Sugar
For better health, consider eliminating all refined sugar from your diet.
According to a recent study, many of us eat the equivalent of 53 heaping teaspoons of white refined sugar every day. It finds its way into a wide variety of processed foods these days. A typical soft drink contains the equivalent of 9 heaping teaspoons of sugar!
Here are ten reasons to avoid refined (white) sugar in your diet:
1. Sugar contributes to tooth decay because it decreases the effectiveness of a particular type of white blood cell that “eats” bacteria.
2. Sugar causes the body to release more adrenalin, which may explain hyperactivity in young children.
3. Calcium loss in urine occurs when a person consumes a soft drink containing sugar.
4. Ingesting sugar makes the pancreas work harder to produce insulin. Diabetes results when the overworked pancreas’ can no longer eliminate sugar from the blood stream.
5. White refined sugar is bleached with chlorine, which, when it comes into contact with certain organic compounds, converts to dioxin, a lethal compound.
6. Sugar can hinder weight loss because high insulin levels (see # 5 above) cause the body to store excess carbohydrates as fat.
7. Sugar increases the likelihood of chronic fatigue.
8. Sugar increases mood swings, irritability and anxiety.
9. Sugar compromises the immune system because it lowers the efficiency of white blood cells for a minimum of five hours.
10. Eating sugar can decrease helpful high-density cholesterol (HDLs) and result in an increase in harmful cholesterol (LDLs).
A Sweeter Alternative!
Here at Atlantic Spine and Health Clinic, we suggest an herb called stevia as a sweet and safer alternative to white refined sugar. It’s available in several forms. It has no calories, is sweeter than sugar and does not raise blood sugar levels. Clearly, a better choice to satisfy any sweet tooth
Environmental and Nutritional Allergy Testing
Is this still supposed to hurt??
Temporomandibular Disorder: How Do You Know if You Have TMJ?
How the Mediterranean Diet Can Help Prevent Heart Disease in Women
Is Muscle Memory Real? Researchers Think So
10 Proven Health Benefits of Turmeric and Curcumin
Chiropractic Care and Physical Therapy